Please note the date change!!!
"Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters" by Abigail Shrier
The FAIR LA Book Club will return in April 2022 with a discussion of Abigail Shrier's bestselling 2021 book Irreversible Damage. The discussion will be led by FAIR Los Angeles co-lead Sugi Sorensen. Shrier, a former writer for the Wall Street Journal and now independent journalist and writer, wrote Irreversible Damage as the culmination of a multi-year project researching a shocking phenomenon brought to her attention -- the skyrocketing increase in teen girls coming out as "trans gender." Until just a few years ago, gender dysphoria—severe discomfort in one’s biological sex—was vanishingly rare. It was typically found in less than 0.01 percent of the population, emerged in early childhood, and afflicted males almost exclusively. But today whole groups of female friends in colleges, high schools, and even middle schools across the country are coming out as “transgender.” These are girls who had never experienced any discomfort in their biological sex until they heard a coming-out story from a speaker at a school assembly or discovered the internet community of trans “influencers.” Unsuspecting parents are awakening to find their daughters in thrall to hip trans YouTube stars and “gender-affirming” educators and therapists who push life-changing interventions on young girls—including medically unnecessary double mastectomies and puberty blockers that can cause permanent infertility. Come join the discussion of Shrier's book on March 30th. The book selection coincides with a FAIR LA webinar on "Gender Ideology, Gender Dysphoria, and Teens" planned for May 2022.
- Date: April 20,
March 30,2022 (Wednesday)
- Time: 7:00PM to 9:00PM-PST
- Location: Online via Zoom.
Links About the Book:
In preparation for our book club discussion, check out the following links:
- DailyWire – Interview of Shrier by Matt Walsh about the book. (YouTube – 33min)
- Jordan Peterson Podcast – Interview of Shrier by Jordan Peterson. (YouTube – 1h 32m)
- Joe Rogan Podcast #1509 – Interview of Shrier by Joe Rogan. (Spotify – 1h 45m)
- Reason.com – Interview of Shrier by Nick Gillespie. (YouTube – 1h 02min)
- Trans Science: A review of Abigail Shrier’s Irreversible Damage by Harriett Hall, M.D. – A re-print of a review of the book originally published on Science-Based Medicine, but which was retracted due to a campaign by trans activists. (Skeptic.com)
Abigail has a new column called The Truth Fairy on Substack.com: