Parental Rights Webinar Nov 2021
Discussion of parental rights in K-12 education and what parents can do to take action.
Some of the questions that were addressed were:
- What rights do parents have when advocating for their children?
- What can parents do to effect change in schools?
- What happens when parents speak up?
Links to some of the resources and laws referred to during the presentation:
- Parent Opt out form letter presented at the Parent’s rights webinar.
- What is the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA)?
- 34 CFR PART 99—FAMILY EDUCATIONAL RIGHTS AND PRIVACY
- Genspect, A voice for parents with gender-questioning kids
- Parents with Inconvenient Truth about Trans (PITT) (subscribe required)
- Personal Stories and Essays by Parents Impacted by Transgender Ideology
Civil Rights in our K-12 Schools Webinar Oct 2021
FAIR advisors and a panel of legal experts discussed the legal avenues available for civil rights violations in schools, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, the First Amendment, and the Fourteenth Amendment. They also discussed pending litigation, including Deemar v. Evanston, and other options available to parents and guardians, both to learn what schools are teaching their children and to advocate for civil liberties and tolerance.