Request a Password Reset
Sign up to be a member of FAIR. By doing so, you are committing to the FAIR Pledge.
The FAIR Pledge
Fairness. “I seek to treat everyone equally without regard to skin color or other immutable characteristics. I believe in applying the same rules to everyone, and reject disparagement of individuals based on the circumstances of their birth.”
Understanding. “I am open-minded. I seek to understand opinions or behavior that I do not necessarily agree with. I am tolerant and consider points of view that are in conflict with my prior convictions.”
Humanity. “I recognize that every person has a unique identity, that our shared humanity is precious, and that it is up to all of us to defend and protect the civic culture that unites us.”
FAIR Principles of Peaceful Change
Based on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Principles of Non-Violence
- Exercise Moral Courage. Telling the truth is a way of life for courageous people. Peaceful change cannot happen without a commitment to the truth.
- Build Bridges. We seek to win friendship and gain understanding. The result of our movement is redemption and reconciliation.
- Defeat Injustice, Not People. We recognize that those who are intolerant and seek to oppress others are also human, and are not evil people. We seek to defeat evil, not people.
- Don’t Take the Bait. Suffering can educate and transform. We will not retaliate when attacked, physically or otherwise. We will meet hate and anger with compassion and kindness.
- Choose Love, not Hate. We seek to resist violence of the spirit as well as the body. We believe in the power of love.
- Trust in Justice. We trust that the universe is on the side of justice. The nonviolent resister has deep faith that justice will eventually win.