The Foundation Against Intolerance and Racism (FAIR) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that seeks a full-time Marketing Coordinator to advance FAIR’s mission by promoting FAIR products and services to educational and corporate clients.
We stand for:
- Defending civil liberties and rights guaranteed to each individual, including freedom of speech and expression, equal protection under the law, and the right to personal privacy.
- Advocating for individuals who are threatened or persecuted for speech, or who are held to a different set of rules for language or conduct based on their skin color, ancestry, or other immutable characteristics.
- Supporting respectful disagreement. We believe bad ideas are best confronted with good ideas – and never with dehumanization, deplatforming or blacklisting.
- The belief that objective truth exists, that it is discoverable, and that scientific research must be untainted by any political agenda.
- Being “pro-human” and promoting compassionate anti-racism rooted in dignity and our common humanity.
We seek a Marketing Coordinator who aligns with our mission and wants to work remotely and in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment with people of many different backgrounds and viewpoints, united by a pro-human approach that values and respects all people as human beings, rather than separating and discriminating by skin color.
The Marketing Coordinator will play a crucial role in our movement by proactively engaging prospective educational and corporate clients, promoting FAIR products and services, and building and maintaining client relationships. This person will report directly to the Director of Outreach and Marketing. FAIR is a new organization and our Marketing Coordinator must be ready and eager to help build something new.
Ideal candidates for this position will be passionate about FAIR’s pro-human, non-partisan mission to advance civil rights and liberties and promote a common culture of fairness, understanding, and humanity.
Marketing Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Marketing team, recruits educational and corporate clients by developing networks and arranging informational calls to promote FAIR products and services.
- Visits national and regional conferences and tradeshows to promote FAIR products and services to target audiences.
- Services existing accounts, obtains product and service orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales and promotional outlets.
- Adjusts content of promotional presentations according to the prospective client.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Recommends changes in product messaging and service protocols by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Reports on client complaints and participates in investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Establishes and leverages professional and/or personal networks.
- Maintains communication records for existing and prospective clients.
- Promotes conferences and tradeshows.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, startup environment
Work Hours & Benefits
- Full time
- Some travel required
- Full benefits plan available
Job Location: Remote.
This is a full-time position with full health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
- Customer service oriented
- Meeting sales goals
- Closing skills
- Video conferencing software
- Proficient with Salesforce software
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Territory management
- Prospecting skills
- Creativity and eagerness to collaborate with team members
- Knowledge of FAIR products and services
- Presentation skills
- Capacity to manage client relationships
- Motivation for sales and marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BA/BS degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, high school or college admissions, or business administration preferred
- 1-2 years of sales or marketing experience
- Familiarity with Google Suite and video conferencing platforms.
- Familiarity with Salesforce software strongly preferred
- An understanding of the issues landscape relevant to FAIR
- A strong dedication to our mission and a desire to collaborate with others in fulfilling that mission
- A resourceful and creative approach to solving problems