Assistant Director of Marketing, California School Districts
The Foundation Against Intolerance and Racism (FAIR) is a nonpartisan organization dedicated to advancing civil rights and liberties for all, and promoting a common culture based on fairness, understanding and humanity.
FAIR seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Marketing, California School Districts to advance FAIR’s mission by promoting FAIR products and services to educational clients.
We stand for:
- Defending civil liberties and rights guaranteed to each individual, including freedom of speech and expression, equal protection under the law, and the right to personal privacy.
- Advocating for individuals who are threatened or persecuted for speech, or who are held to a different set of rules for language or conduct based on their skin color, ancestry, or other immutable characteristics.
- Supporting respectful disagreement. We believe bad ideas are best confronted with good ideas – and never with dehumanization, deplatforming or blacklisting.
- The belief that objective truth exists, that it is discoverable, and that scientific research must be untainted by any political agenda.
- Being “pro-human” and promoting compassionate anti-racism rooted in dignity and our common humanity.
With Ethnic Studies (ES) now a high school graduation requirement in California schools, districts are considering ways to add or modify their course offerings to include the subject. At the same time, an activist group is actively promoting a politicized version of ES. FAIR is developing a high quality ES high school curriculum. The Assistant Director of Marketing, California School Districts, will focus on placing this curriculum into California school districts.
FAIR seeks an Assistant Director of Marketing, California School Districts, who aligns with our mission and wants to work remotely and in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment with people of many different backgrounds and viewpoints, united by a pro-human approach that values and respects all people as human beings, rather than separating and discriminating by skin color.
The Assistant Director of Marketing, California School Districts will play a crucial role in our movement by proactively engaging prospective clients in education, promoting FAIR curriculum, products and services, and building and maintaining client relationships. This person will report directly to the Director of Outreach and Marketing. FAIR is a new organization and the Assistant Director of Marketing, California School Districts must be ready and eager to help build something new.
Ideal candidates for this position will be passionate about FAIR’s pro-human, non-partisan mission to advance civil rights and liberties and promote a common culture of fairness, understanding, and humanity.
- Analyze the landscape of California districts to prioritize outreach. (There are approximately 1,250 school districts, with 300 accounting for over 90% of the student population.)
- For the high priority districts, determine at which stage of Ethnic Studies implementation the district is in and which curriculum is being considered.
- Determine the key decision makers in districts.
- Educate district administrators/decision makers on the importance of non-politicized, constructive Ethnic Studies.
- Promote FAIR ES curriculum to districts through virtual communication and in-person meetings.
- Where appropriate, facilitate the adaptations of districts’ existing curricula by incorporating portions of the FAIR ES curriculum.
- In coordination with the FAIR in Education Team, support the training of teachers on implementing the FAIR ES curriculum.
- Follow up within 24 hours on all leads from FAIR volunteers and staff.
- Utilize FAIR’s volunteer network to connect with decision makers for ES curriculum implementation in the volunteer’s school district.
- Service existing accounts, obtain product and service orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales and promotional outlets.
- Attend and promote relevant tradeshows and conferences.
- Adjust content of promotional presentation according to the prospective client.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Recommend changes in product messaging and service protocols by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Report on client complaints and participate in investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Establish and leverage professional and/or personal networks.
- Maintain communication records for existing and prospective clients.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, startup environment
Work Hours & Benefits
- Full time
- Some travel required
- Full benefits plan available
Job Location: Remote.
This is a full-time position with full health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
- Customer service oriented
- Meeting sales goals
- Closing skills
- Video conferencing software
- Proficient with Salesforce software
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Territory management
- Prospecting skills
- Creativity and eagerness to collaborate with team members
- Knowledge of FAIR products and services
- Presentation skills
- Capacity to manage client relationships
- Motivation for sales and marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BA/BS degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, high school or college admissions, or business administration preferred
- 2-4 years of sales or marketing experience; 3-5 years of experience in k-12 education preferred
- Familiarity with Google Suite and video conferencing platforms.
- Familiarity with Salesforce software strongly preferred
- An understanding of the issues landscape relevant to FAIR
- A strong dedication to FAIR’s mission and a desire to collaborate with others in fulfilling that mission
- A resourceful and creative approach to solving problems