Manager, Media Industry Strategy
The Foundation Against Intolerance and Racism (FAIR) seeks a Manager of Media Industry Strategy to advance FAIR’s mission across the media industry.
Ideal candidates for this position will be passionate about FAIR’s pro-human, non-partisan mission to advance civil rights and liberties and promote a common culture of fairness, understanding and humanity.
Here’s what we stand for:
- We defend civil liberties and rights guaranteed to each individual, including freedom of speech and expression, equal protection under the law, and the right to personal privacy.
- We advocate for individuals who are threatened or persecuted for speech, or who are held to a different set of rules for language or conduct based on their skin color, ancestry, or other immutable characteristics.
- We support respectful disagreement. We believe bad ideas are best confronted with good ideas – and never with dehumanization, deplatforming or blacklisting.
- We believe that objective truth exists, that it is discoverable, and that scientific research must be untainted by any political agenda.
- We are pro-human, and promote compassionate anti-racism rooted in dignity and our common humanity.
This is a full-time position with full health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
- Undergraduate degree or master’s degree and work experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and create an inclusive environment with people at all lf an organization
- Capability to drive an independent workstream in the context of a broader team project
- Comfort with ambiguous, ever-changing situations
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Work experience in strategy or management consulting is a plus
- Work experience in journalism or media is a plus